If you lose your BRP card in the UK

If you lose your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) in the UK you no longer need to report it to the police as they will not be able to provide you with a crime reference number. Instead you will need to report this to the Home Office online immediately.

You must then apply for a replacement BRP within three months of the loss or theft occurring. The current fee for a replacement BRP is £56 if application is made by post OR £556 if application is made in person at any of the Premium Service Centres.

Failure to apply for a replacement BRP within 3 months of reporting the loss could result in a financial penalty of up to £1000 or curtailment of leave to remain.


Professional Services