Can Student dependants work or study or change visa category in the UK?

Your dependents will be able to work full-time without restrictions (including self-employment), but will not be able to take employment as a doctor or dentist in training.

Dependants of students are also allowed to undertake full or part time study but in most cases will be required to pay overseas fees.

Students' dependants are not able to switch into other categories of visa whilst in the UK and may need to return to their country of normal residence if they wish to change their status from dependant (for example from dependant to Student or Tier 2).


Professional Services