Online course boosts science communications skills for postgraduates
Book your place on the EUniWell Research Communications Programme – an online workshop designed for PhD candidates who are interested in science communication.
The programme focuses on practical, interactive sessions to get started in engaging different audiences with the PhD candidates’ scientific research. It is open to PhD candidates from all Graduate Schools of the eight EUniWell partner universities - Birmingham, Cologne, Florence, Konstanz, Linnaeus, Murcia, Nantes, Semmelweis, and Taras Shevchenko.
Engaging different audiences, such as local communities, businesspeople and science journalists can strengthen young researchers’ academic profiles. Participants in this programme will be able to:
- Gain an awareness of audience types and their needs
- Identify the most engaging part of their research
- Experience developing messages for their research
- Explain why and how they should engage the public with their research
- Network with other engaged young researchers and supportive public engagement professionals from the EUniWell partner universities
The programme workshops are scheduled for 20 and 27 January - aiming to provide deep insight into related science communication topics and personal advice for participants. The online workshops will be interactive, so participation is limited.
Applications are open until the workshops are full and close no later than 15 January 2023. Find out more about the programme and register online. There is no cost to taking part in the programme.